- 2dl of blanched fresh nettle (dip in to boiling water for 30sec) and 1 dl of fresh chopped young goutweed leaves.
- 1dl cashew nuts (or pine nuts/hemp seeds/sun flower seeds)
- quality extra virgin olive oil until the pesto is nice and smooth
- add 1/2dl nutritional yeast flakes
- Helsinki Wildfoods' Fine Nettle Herb Salt
- 1 small garlic
Blend all the ingredients with a blender, taste and add a bit of salt or oil if needed and enjoy. Stays good in the refrigerator for about 2–4 days.
Check out our dry mix product – vegan Nettle Pesto. Just add oil and water and you'll have just the right amount of pesto you need for any occasion. No more mouldy pesto jars in the fridge! Our nettle pesto contains 53% of Finnish herbs!