Pizza is a perfect leftover dish which helps you make use of all kinds of waste food from vegetables and cheese to pasta sauce. Our Nettle Pesto upgrades all waste food pizzas to a whole new level. This recipe is full of taste and nutrients plus it’s vegan, gluten-free and yeast-free!
Nettle Pesto Pizza (one oven tin plate)
- 1,5dl water
- 1/2tbsp psyllium
- 2dl oat flour
- 1,5dl broad bean flour
- 1/4dl cold pressed olive oil
- Fine Nettle Herb Salt
1. Add psyllium into the water, mix and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add the other ingredients.
3. Roll the dough on to a greaseproof paper, add flour if needed.
- tomato sauce
- 4tbsp Nettle Pesto
- 8tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 4tbsp water
- red onion
- 75g tofu
1. Apply a nice layer of tomato sauce on top of the pizza crust.
2. Mix the Nettle Pesto, olive oil and water and let sit for 5 min.
3. Slice the vegetables and tofu and spread them all on top of the tomato sauce.
- 1/5dl shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4dl nutritional yeast
- 150ml oat cream
- Nettle Salt
- 0,5dl VegeSun pea crush
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2tsp savory or black pepper
Mix the ingredients in a blender and spread on top of the pizza.
Fry in the oven with medium heat in 200 Celsius degrees for about 15 minutes until the pizza toppings have a bit of nice golden color in them.
Decorate with Nettle Pesto dry mix. It works as a perfect spice for any savory dish.
Enjoy with friends!
Read more about the benefits of broad beans and oats from our blog article: Eat the Seasons with the Healthy Nordic Diet.
Photos: Aino Huotari